WHAT IS KURASH?
Kurash is a form of upright jacket wrestling native to Uzbekistan, practiced since ancient times. It is played by two athletes one wearing a green jacket and other wearing a blue jacket.
DURATION OF THE BOUT
For men, the entire bout lasts for 4 minutes and for women the entire bout lasts for 3 minutes.
There are three ways to win the bout-
First is Khalol (Pure Victory) – Arbitrator (Umpire) announces the appraisal in case if the throw on the back is done by a beautiful and accurate motion. This appraisal is awarded:
- for two throws evaluated by YONBOSH appraisals;
- if after the grid the opponent falls on his/her back (on both shoulder-blades);
- after the announcement of GIRROM caution- is announced to the participant who committed a serious violation or who had the punishment of “DAKKI”:
i)Does in the course of the bout obscene cries, or offensive to the opponent and the judge’s gestures;
ii)If a wrestler is injured through the fault of the opponent, then the opponent is declared “GIRROM”, and the wrestler who received the injury is assessed “HALOL”.
- for a throw evaluated by YONBOSH, and the opponent has a caution of DAKKI.
- for not coming to gilam (tatami) in 3 minutes.
Yanbosh- This appraisal is given:
- when wrestler made a throw by a strong, sharp, beautiful motion and opponent falls on his/her side;
- after the announcement of DAKKI caution to the opponent
- Dakki caution is announced to the participant, who made a medium violation, or has already received a TANBEKH:
i)for repeated intentional falls on the knee
ii)if the wrestler does not follow the arbitrator ’s commands, talks or cries out obscene expressions.
Chala- This appraisal is given –
- when the wrestler throws the opponent on the thigh, buttocks, stomach or on his side, but with great technical errors, slowly and indistinctly;
- Regardless of how many “CHALA” ratings the athlete has earned, the number does not unite
- If both wrestlers have several “CHALA” scores, the winner is awarded to the wrestler who has the most number of CHALA ratings
- Tanbekh caution is awarded or announced to the participant, who made minor violation like
i)the wrestler, running away on purpose, do not let the opponent catch him/her;
ii)the wrestler pushes in purpose the opponent out of gilam or himself/herself runs beyond the dangerous zone of gilam;
iii)the wrestler disorders in purpose his/her clothes (unties or reties his/her belt, trousers without the sanction of the arbitrator);
iv)the wrestler grips the opponent’s trousers or legs;
v) after a grip, the wrestler does not make attacking actions during 10- 15 seconds.
RESULTS OF FIGHT.
Men’s :- 66kg, 81kg, 90kg, +91kg
Womens:- 52kg, 63kg,78kgKurash profile